On the PROFINET network, the PN/CAN gateway is a PROFINET I/O device and supports transfer rates up to 100 Mbps full duplex; and up to 1 Mbps on the CAN bus.
The I/O data of the CAN participants is transparently displayed in a freely configurable manner on the PROFINET network and can thus be processed directly in the PLC. The PN/CAN gateway is integrated with a GSDML file in the hardware configurator and can be fully configured there. No other software tools for configuration or handling blocks for programming are necessary, making gateway use straightforward.
The features of the PN/CAN gateway are rounded out by MRP (media redundancy), as well as extensive diagnostic functions and an interface for online diagnostics.
The PN/CAN gateway CANopen represents a full-fledged CANopen master. As the master, it supports gateway network management, SYNC telegrams and node guarding/heartbeat for monitoring the participants and LSS services. Up to 16 PDOs can be configured for each CANopen® slave. It is also possible to configure the CANopen participants using SDO frames and to administer emergency messages.
- CANopen Master according to CANopen® protocol DSP 301
- Up to 126 CANopen slaves with up to 16 TPDOs / 16 RPDOs each
- Up to 1420 bytes input and 1420 bytes output data on PROFINET
- Up to 1 Mbit/s CAN bit rate
- Heartbeat, Nodeguarding, SYNC
- PROFINET Conformance Class C
- Media redundancy (MRP client)
- Configuration via GSDML file
- No handling blocks or parameterization software necessary
- USB device interface for online diagnosis and firmware update